Online Event 11-12 September
Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Paradox Interactive AB and you when you register for an Event by Paradox Interactive AB. By registering for an event by Paradox Interactive AB you are agreeing to comply with these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully. Last updated: 24 October 2021
§ 1 General Rules
- The terms and conditions establish the rules for participating in an event called EUIV GRANDEST VIRTUAL PARTY 2021 (henceforward referred to as “the Event”) organised by Paradox Interactive AB, Org Nr: 556667-4759, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 4, 118 66 Stockholm Sweden (henceforward referred to as “the Organiser”).
- The Event is co-produced with Turbolarp Sp. z o. o., seated in Katowice, 3/4 Sienkiewicza St., postal code 40-031. The company is filed in the section VIII of the Commercial Register at the Katowice-Wschód Regional Court under the KRS number 0000754700, tax identification number: 9542798022, REGON: 381653630. E-mail address: [email protected]
- The Organiser transfers some tasks and responsibilities to Turbolarp to be carried in the name of the Organiser. Turbolarp is henceforth referred to as “the Producer”. The Producer will represent and act on behalf of the Organiser in areas described in the contract between the parties.
- The Event is an online event in which participants take part via the internet. The Event takes place on 11-12 December 2021
- During the Event, the participants are subject to the all Participation Documents, that is:
- Terms and Conditions - this document, that describes most important legal matters
- Code of Conduct - a short document on what kind of interactions are acceptable and encouraged and which ones will be not accepted
- Event Guideline - an overall document describing the rules of interactions between the participants.
- Participants are expected to follow rules and guidelines described in the documents mentioned above.
§ 2 Sign-up
- The Event is available to participants who are at least 18 years old on 25 November 2021.
- Due to expected high interest in the event to even the chances for sing-up’s the Producer will randomly choose 20 teams from the sign-up form set up in the Typeform service on 25 October to 15 November 2021.
- During the ticket purchasing process, the Producer will collect personal data necessary to verify the identity of the purchaser and to effectively communicate with them (names, email addresses, and links to game themed online content created by the participants). Providing false or incomplete data is a major reason for termination of the whole team from the event with no reimbursement.
- The draw will happen on 16 November 2021, and the selected teams will have 72 hours to finalise the payment.
- Participation is only possible after purchasing a ticket through the payment link provided by the Producer via mail. Tickets can only be purchased before the Event. The tickets serve as confirmation of the participant's right to participate.
§ 3 Ticket Purchase
- The number of tickets are limited. Tickets are sold in the order in which the participants make purchase orders. There are 20 team tickets available. Each ticket allows participation of one team consisting of three members. Some tickets may be reserved for the Organiser employees.
- Reselling a ticket or renouncing it is only possible after obtaining permission from the Organisers, and no later than 10 days before the Event. The Producer permission is only valid when in writing.
- Tickets come in digital form and are assigned to specific names.
- In case any of the team members are unable to take part in the Event the Participant is obliged to inform the Producer as soon as possible.
- The Producer may allow a team to participate in the event with an incomplete team.
- The Producer may allow adding a new person to the team as a replacement team member.
- It is forbidden to replace and change team members without written permission from the Producer.
- In case a team is forced to cancel the participation due to health issues, the Producer and the Organiser will make reasonable efforts to reimburse the customer. The Producer has to be informed about the fact at least 72 hours before the event starts.
- The ticket includes:
- Access to the game via Parsec Game Streaming Technology
- Access to the exclusive event Discord server
- Briefings before the event
- Support before and during the whole event
- Test session before the event
§ 4 The event
- The Organiser will provide the Participant online access to services used to run the Event. The Participant is solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining at its own expense, all equipment needed to access the Event, including but not limited to Internet access and adequate bandwidth. Details about the tech requirements can be found in the Event Guideline.
- The Organiser and the Producer will allow Participants to test their setups before the event during the test run of the system.
- The Organiser and the Producer do not take any responsibility for technical issues on the Participant’s side that will affect the participation.
- In case the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser will offer the Participants a reimbursement or an option to attend the event on a different date.
§ 5 Behaviour at the Event
- Participants are expected to follow rules and guidelines described in the Code of Conduct and Event Guideline.
- In case a behaviour not described in the Code of Conduct and Event Guideline will be considered harmful to the Organiser, Producer, the Event or other Participants, access to the Event will be immediately revoked until the situation is solved.
- In a particular situation where the Participant Behaviour is extremely harmful the Organiser and the Producer can decide, at their sole discretion, to expel the whole team from the event with no reimbursement.
§ 6 The use of personal data
§ 7 The Streaming
- The Organiser has exclusive streaming rights of the event. The live stream will be available on multiple platforms and the stream will also be available to replay after the event.
- By entering the Event, you consent to have your name, actions and image streamed to a wider audience. The Organizer owns the recorded material and is allowed to use it for any purpose.
- The Organiser may allow a Participant to stream the event. A participant who wishes to stream the event is requested to submit links to the channels and ask for permission. The permission will be granted by the Producer in written form.
§ 8 Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, the products and services that you purchase are provided to you “as is,” and your use is at your own risk. We do not make, and hereby disclaim, any and all other express, implied or statutory warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement of third party rights, and any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on implied warranties, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, neither Paradox Interactive AB nor its licensors or distributors, or the Organiser shall be liable to you for any lost profits, cost of substitute goods or services, or any form of indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages from any causes of action arising with respect to the products or services that you purchase on the store, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract, strict liability or otherwise, whether or not such party has been advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall Paradox Interactive AB or the organiser’s aggregate liability under these terms of sale exceed the amount actually paid by you for the applicable products or services.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing contained in these terms of sale limit Paradox Interactive AB liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentations, death or personal injury caused by paradox’s negligence, or any other liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of applicable law.
§ 9 Possible changes
- These Terms of Conditions may be modified at any time in The Organiser’s or Producer’s discretion. When we revise these Terms of Conditions, we change the "Last Updated date” above and inform you by email or similar.
§ 10 Final Clauses.
- Personal experiences of the participants depend on many factors that are beyond the Organiser's power to influence, and therefore the Organiser are not liable for any complaints concerning those.
- The Organiser is not liable for the participant's behaviour.
- These Terms and Conditions come into force as of 4 October 2021.
- Administrator of personal data is: Turbolarp Ltd, seated in Katowice, 3/4 Sienkiewicza St., postal code 40-031 (henceforward referred to as “Administrator”).
- Personal data are processed accordingly to European Parliament and Council Regulation (UE) 2016/679 from April 27th 2016 r. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of the directive 95/46/WE (henceforward referred to as: GDPR) and other applicable regulations and laws.
- Personal data can be processed by the Administrator with the purpose of:
- Order fulfillment,
- performance of the Administrator’s duties provided for by law (Article 6 paragraph 1 letter c) of the GDPR, in particular accounting and tax obligations, as well as, based on the legitimate interest of the Administrator, to protect the Administrator’s rights, including in particular redress (art. 6 par.1 lett. f) of the GDPR,
- Sharing your personal data with ING Bank Śląski SA., ul. Sokolska 34, 40-086 Katowice (henceforward referred to as: Payment Provider) according to:
- provision by the Bank towards the Online Store the service of providing infrastructure for handling online payments (legal basis: Art. 6 par. 1 let. F of Regulations).
- service and settlement by the Bank of payments made by customers of the Online Store via the Internet using payment instruments (legal basis: Article 6 par. 1 let. f of the Regulations).
- proper performance of contracts concluded with the Online Store, in particular to ensure the protection of the interests of payers in relation to the complaints they submit (legal basis: Article 6 par. 1let. f of the Regulations).
- Sharing your personal data with Nominus Sp. z o. o. (henceforward referred to as: Tax Advisor) accordingly to the legal need to register purchases and submit a tax statement
- Sharing your personal data with Google Inc for email service and storing the participants list in the services provided by Google Inc.
- Sharing your personal data with Paradox Interactive AB
- Sharing your personal data with TYPEFORM SL C/Bac de Roda, 163 (Local), 08018 – Barcelona (Spain) (henceforward referred to as: The Form Provider) for gathering sign ups, personal data and permissions.
- Sharing your personal data with The Rocket Science Group LLC (henceforward referred to as: The Newsletter Provider) for sending the newsletter.
- A prerequisite for completing the order is the correct completion of the order form, in particular providing the data enabling contact with the client. The customer is obliged to provide the following data: name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Recipients of personal data may be entities cooperating with the Administrator in the provision of electronic services and the conclusion and performance of sales contracts, in particular payment service providers, providing products, providing additional services related to the purchase, participating in handling complaints; entities that provide the Administrator with accounting, advisory, marketing, service and IT services providers. That can be:
- ING Bank Śląski S.A.
- Nominus Sp. z o. o.
- Google Inc.
- Paradox Interactive AB
- TYPEFORM SL
- The Rocket Science Group LLC
- Under the rules defined in the provisions regulating the protection of personal data, the Customer has the right to request access to data, rectify them, limit their processing, deletion, the right to transfer data, and the right to file a complaint to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection
- In cases where the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6 par. 1. letter f), the Customer has the right to object to the processing of personal data, if it is justified by a special situation of the Customer or if personal data is processed for direct marketing
- In addition, in cases where personal data is processed on the basis of the consent expressed by the Customer, the Customer is entitled to withdraw the consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing, which was made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- The above-mentioned rights (apart from the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body) may be carried out by the Customer by sending a relevant request to the following address: [email protected]
- The Administrator declares that persons employed in the processing of personal data have been given authorization to process personal data and that they have been familiar with the regulations on the protection of personal data and the responsibility for their non-compliance, they have committed to comply with them and for indefinite secrecy of processed data personal data and ways to secure them.
- If you provide your personal data in order to make an agreement with the Online Store, providing your personal data is a condition for the conclusion of this Agreement. Providing personal data in this situation is voluntary, but the consequence of not providing this data will be the inability to conclude a contract with the Online Store
- In the case of transferring your personal data to the Bank in connection with the handling and settlement of payments made by your payment to the Online Store via online payment instruments, providing the data is required in order to process the payment and provide confirmation of its execution by the Bank towards the Online Store.
- In case of transferring your personal data to the Bank in order to verify the proper performance of contracts concluded with the Online Shop by the Bank, in particular to ensure the protection of the interests of payers in relation to the complaints submitted by them, providing this data is required in order to enable the contract concluded between the Online Store and Bank
ORDERING IN THE STORE
- When placing an order, the Customer provides the data necessary to conclude and execute the sales contract for the product he chooses.
- The data provided by the customer when placing the order are processed by the Administrator on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 let. b GDPR in order to conclude and perform a sales contract. These data can also be processed on the basis of a legitimate interest of Administrator (Article 6 paragraph 1 let. f) of the GDPR, in order to conduct marketing activities by the Administrator, also in the form of electronic communication, if the Customer agreed to send commercial information by electronic means and use telecommunications terminal equipment in order to place an order via direct marketing.
- Providing personal data indicated in the order form is necessary to place an order by the customer.
- When submitting a complaint, the Customer provides the data necessary to handle this complaint by the Administrator.
- Data provided by the Customer when submitting a complaint is processed by the Administrator on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 let. b GDPR, in order to handle this complaint.
- Providing personal data indicated in the complaint form is necessary to consider the complaint by the Administrator.
Code of Conduct
The safety policy is general and universal to all Turbolarp events and consists of a Code of Conduct and Anti-harassment Policy. In some cases, the specific safety policy for the particular event can be additionally created and will be in force together with the universal Turbolarp safety policy. All participants, organizers, staff, volunteers, documentation crew and any other person that will be present at the event organized by Turbolarp is obligated to follow the safety policy and all of its components. Organizers reserve the right to modify the safety policy if needed. Every participant that is planning to attend the event run by Turbolarp should understand that it is their responsibility to know, understand and abide by the following safety policy and all of its components.
Code of Conduct
- Your content and behavior must not include performance of, links to, or suggestion of illegal activity when participating in the event. Illegal Activity is as defined by your local and national laws, as well as any international laws.
- Any type of violence (physical, psychological, sexual, emotional and other) is strictly forbidden. Role-playing that involves any type of violence MUST BE negotiated beforehand with other participants. In some cases, even if consent is granted, role-play based on violent themes can be forbidden at the discretion of Turbolarp, Paradox Interactive or the event sponsors.
- Any sort of behaviour that can endanger the safety of oneself or others is strictly forbidden. Endangering and destructive behaviour towards people, or suggestion or incitement towards endangering or destructive behavior to other participants or viewers, is forbidden.
- All participants, members of the team and organisers are expected to follow the anti-harassment policy. Every person attending or working at the event is responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by the anti-harassment policy. Ignorance of the rules of the anti-harassment policy is not an excuse. Everyone can report breaches of this agreement at any time.
- Every participant, member of the team is expected to set their own boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Every person is responsible for clearly communicating their own needs and limits. If the needs, limits and boundaries are not clearly stated, it is not reasonable to assume that others will be aware of the need for respecting them. Please remember to be respectful of others and also use common sense.
- Clearly stated and freely given consent is crucial in both in-game (role play situation) and out-of-game situations. It is obligatory to ask for consent in a role play situation that will involve other people and involves violent, traumatic, or emotionally intense themes
- Lack of response, lack of no or any sort of ambivalent response is not consent. Only freely given and clearly stated “yes” is considered consent.
- Though Turbolarp and Paradox Interactive encourage players to experience and depict history, this is not a justification for the use of that history to target, mock, denigrate or abuse races, religions or nationalities in the name of role-playing or ‘humor.’ The setting of a game is not an excuse for any hate speech as defined above.
- Turbolarp and Paradox Interactive welcome criticism, review, and feedback of its products and practices. We will not, however, tolerate personal attacks, calls for harm or harassment campaigns against its staff and employees or against other Paradox and Turbolarp Affiliates.
- All participants are expected to learn, understand, use and respect in-game safety rules (such as safety mechanisms and safe words). Those rules must be followed at all times.
- Participants should recognize and respect that there are many different play cultures. Everyone should be aware that definitions of “normal” and “extreme” are different in other cultures. What is acceptable in one (play) culture can be explicitly forbidden in another. Please be respectful and in all cases follow the rules of the specific event.
- People are more important than the game - emotional safety is more important than maintaining the immersion of the game.
- We strive to make our events as accessible as possible. Please contact us if you are worried about accessibility issues, and we will try to the best of our abilities to accommodate you. However, we cannot guarantee our ability to meet any and all requests, and reserve the right to decline participation if meeting the request would be unreasonable or detrimental to others’ experiences.
- Turbolarp reserves the right to remove anyone from the event if they are breaching the rules of the code of conduct. Every participant, member of the team is responsible for reading, understanding and using the Code of Conduct. Stating ignorance is not an excuse.
Any display of hate speech, harassment, discrimination, discriminatory language, slurs or deliberate off-game bullying is forbidden. Any display of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic and other discriminatory behaviour is strictly forbidden under any circumstances. Discrimination of other participants, organizers, volunteers and other people present at the event due to their gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexuality, nationality, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, race etc. is strictly forbidden. Harassment can include: verbal comments that are hurtful towards others and/or reinforce social structures of domination, public display of imagery or clothing associated with hate groups, sexual images or videos in public spaces, unwelcome and unwanted sexual attention, inappropriate physical contact, deliberate intimidation and ignoring boundaries of other people, stalking and recording others without their consent, sustained and deliberate disruption of activities, talks and other event elements. Any person who will break the anti-harassment policy rules despite admonishment from the organizers can be removed from the event channels and participation and loses all rights to the refund of the ticket.